False alarm at US Air Force Academy

The United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs was placed on lockdown late on Friday after reports emerged of an active shooting situation.

The school initially tweeted about reports of an active shooter at 11:23 am local time, saying “security forces are sweeping the area.”

A spokesperson with the academy said there was no confirmation that shots had been fired.

“As of now, no reports of injuries, and no reports of shots fired,” the spokesman told gathered media. He asked for the public to stay away from the air force academy.

The shooting situation comes shortly after graffiti was sprayed on a cadet dormitory saying “Get out n****r”.

Listening to the El Paso County Fire and EMS, chatter was heard as troopers appeared to be methodically searching buildings at the academy.

The academy has not tweeted since the initial post, except to ask the public to “refrain from calling the Academy Law Enforcement Desk & Base Defense Operations Ctr so we can effectively handle the current incident”.

Listen to the local radio feed

The US Air Force Academy is located just north of Colorado Springs in the middle of the United States, and trains thousands of cadets over a four-year program as a post-secondary institution. It is the youngest of the five service academies in the US.

The Academy’s stated mission is “to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become leaders of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation.”


More details to follow. Image 1 from ABC News.

Did you know we are launching our own website soon? It will be located at TheAnonJournal.co and launch this coming week of October 1, 2017. For more details, be sure to follow The AJ Wire on Twitter.

Advertisements

United States and Russia agree to build space station in Lunar orbit

Russia and the United States have agreed to cooperate on a long term plan to build a space station in Lunar orbit. The Moon base would provide an established pathway for lunar exploration and further deep space expeditions, paving the way for a human return to the Moon and an eventual landing on Mars.

Via Nova News Official

Defense James Mattis was the target of a rocket attack at Kabul Airport

It has been revealed that United States Secretary of Defense James Mattis was the target of a rocket attack at Kabul Airport. However, the rockets landed several hours after the Secretary’s arrival and he was not in the vicinity of the airport during the attack.

Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg is also in the country and was not injured by the attack. Both the Taliban and ISIS have claimed responsibility for the attack.

Written by TNU News

Image from Reuters

Former Alabama Judge wins runoff election to replace the Senate seat of Jeff Sessions

Former Alabama Judge Roy Moore has won the runoff election to replace the Senate seat of Jeff Sessions, who currently serves as the United States Attorney General. Senator Moore was up against Luther Strange, a Republican Establishment ally.

Towards the end of the night, with above 90% of polling stations having reported their tallies, Mr. Moore was ahead by approximately 10%. However, voter turnout was extremely low, with estimates that a maximum of 15% of eligible voters exercised their right yesterday.

Written by TNU News

(Image Source: Business Insider)

Rocket strikes after US official lands

Mattis.jpg

One or several rockets struck near the Kabul International Airport soon after United States Secretary of Defence James Mattis touched down in Afghanistan Wednesday morning during his South Asia tour. 

General Mattis was not harmed and has started meetings with Afghan officials including President Ashraf Ghani.

“A rocket landed near the airport this morning. No casualties reported,” Afghan interior ministry spokesperson Najib Danish tweeted.

The airport’s official title is the Hamid Karzai International Airport.

NATO Secretary Jens Stoltenburg is in the Afghan capital to meet Mattis preceding a large deployment of US forces to the country indefinitely following Washington’s pledge to send more troops in an effort to win the war against insurgent Taliban.

US President Donald Trump vowed this past summer to “win the war in Afghanistan” by further deployments of armed forces, and encouraged NATO allies to increase their forces “in line with our own.”

It was a policy shake-up from his campaign promise where he said the mission was a waste and vowed to withdraw entirely.

Mr Mattis just last week announced an additional 3000 or more US troops would be sent to Afghanistan in an attempt to end a 16-year long war against the regional Taliban.

There has been no official statement from the US Embassy in Kabul, nor Washington at this time. However, reports indicate that the secretary was far from where the projectiles touched down.

Resolute Support, the current operations title for NATO in Afghanistan, has the objective of providing “further training, advice and assistance for the Afghan security forces and institutions.


More details to follow. Image 1 from NBC News. 

phonto

N Korea blames Trump for

Screenshot 2017-09-23 14.29.12.png

North Korea’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Ri Yong Ho spoke at the United Nations General Assembly on Saturday, criticizing the United States president and warning of missile strikes on the US mainland. 

Kim Jung-Un addresses Trump

Mr Ri called US President Donald Trump “a mentally deranged person full of megalomania”, in response to the president’s earlier threats of destroying North Korea, echoing rhetoric expressed by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s leader Kim Jung-Un who made a rare TV address on Friday.

Ri said Mr Trump held the “nuclear button”, explaining that the US is the reason why the DRPK needed nuclear weapons in the first place. The foreign minister said that North Korea is a “responsible nuclear weapons state” and will not utilize its weaponry unless it is attacked.

However, the FM said Trump had made “our rockets’ visit to the entire US mainland inevitable” by calling the North’s leader “rocket man” during his Sept 19 UN address following a tweet a few days earlier where he used the same moniker.

The isolated DPRK is “a few steps away” from “the final gate of completion” of its nuclear force, according to Ri. This comes after a sharp increase in missile and nuclear tests from the DPRK over the last year.

North Korea said on Friday it would soon test a hydrogen bomb.

The UN Security Council has placed unanimous sanctions after sanctions on the North Korean regime, but apparently to no avail. Even its closest ally and trading partner, China, has cut the majority of coal shipments and other trade.

Beijing’s central bank reportedly told Chinese banks not to interact with North Korean entities this past week.

“It is only a forlorn hope to consider any chance that (we) would be shaken or change our stance due to the harsher sanctions,” said Ri.

Ri also emphasized the DPR of Korea’s support for Cuba.


Image via The AJ Wire. 

phonto

Israel strikes Hezbollah arms cache

Israel struck a Hezbollah weapons cache near the Damascus International Airport in the capital of Syria early on Friday local time, according to local reports.

The two rockets slammed down near the airport, and were likely fired from Israeli warplanes outside of Syrian territory.

Israel, as per usual, did not release more details as they don’t comment on recent military actions, however, the country has claimed over 100 strikes on Hezbollah itself and Syrian convoys shipping weapons to the Iranian-backed militant group since 2012.

Israel fought a war with Hezbollah in 2006, and is against any support of their group.

President Bashar al-Assad’s administration reported an Israeli strike on a Syrian military base in the northwestern Hama province last month.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights also confirmed Friday’s attack.


More details to follow. Refresh for the latest. 

phonto