Doug Jones beats child predator in Alabama race for the Senate

In a shocking turn of events in deep red Alabama, Democratic nominee Doug Jones beat Republican Roy Moore in the states special election for the Senate seat.  The pro-choice Democrat beat the pro-life candidate in a narrow race with the results at 50% – 49.8%.
Results via CNN


This race was expected to be heated from the start after allegations starting popping up against Roy Moore about him being attracted and advancing girls as young as 12 years-old while he was in his 30’s. On top of that, a cop has come out saying how they had a specific duty of keeping Moore away from the local mall because he would approach young girls. But Moore & his supporters have turned a blind eye saying it was okay because at the time people could marry at the ages of 13 or 14.  These people were seriously defending pedophilia because it was legal at the time.


President Donald Trump also tweeted out to congratulate Jones on his victory also saying Republicans will have another shot at the seat in the near future. In all of his tweets, this one seemed to be tamer than people were expecting from him.

Via Donald Trumps Twitter feed


The seat that the two were running for was previously Jeff Sessions before becoming Attorney General under the Trump administration. The last election Jeff Sessions ran in was 2014 against only a write-in candidate that got 2.7% of the vote, leaving Sessions the winner holding 97.3% of the vote.

The fact that Doug Jones was able to win this seat shows that people are getting involved in politics and won’t stand for criminals & predators to hold seats that decide the laws.

Jones promises a living wage for the citizens of Alabama, investing & fixing the crumbling school system, a clean energy plan, justice reform and protecting civil rights.

The age of Trump has died within his first year of being in office. 2018 leaves open a number of important seats for the GOP and we are seeing voters turn out in large numbers against their agenda.




Published by

Patrick Vinson

Founder of Berning Media Network

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s