The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a vehicle attack in central Barcelona. 13 people were reportedly killed, with a death toll expected to possibly rise, along with dozens injured, after a van rammed into pedestrians at full speed.
Their (IS) statement claimed there were “multiple soldiers of the Islamic State.” Daesh, via Amaq News Agency, stated the attack was in response to the US-led coalition’s operation against them in Iraq and Syria. Police have already declared the attack a “terrorist incident” and have made two arrests so far.
One man identified, Driss Oukabir, is said to have been responsible for renting the van involved in the ramming. He denies responsibility. The driver still hasn’t been found. After ramming the pedestrians and crashing, the driver purportedly fled on foot and managed to evade captivity.
Published by: The War Files
Via UBC News – Death toll in the Manchester Arena bombing in the United Kingdom has risen to 22 people, with 59 wounded. A suicide bomber carried out the attack late Monday night in Manchester, England, as people were leaving an Ariana Grande concert at the arena. Children are among the dead. UK Prime Minister Theresa May, Labour Party leader, Jeremy Corbyn, and other candidates for the UK’s general election have suspended campaigning.
Via The War Files – 19 people have been killed with 50 injured after a suspected terrorist attack in Manchester. Two loud blasts rang out during an Ariana Grande concert in the English city of Manchester; police have said this was a “terrorist incident.” “So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured. This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” Greater Manchester Police announced. There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert, but witnesses reported hearing two loud bangs coming from near the arena’s bars around 10:30pm. More details to come.
More pictures from across the internet of the incident: